Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph was recently released in theaters, bringing with it a flood of childhood memories. Ralph, the main character, is an arcade game villain who no longer wants to be a villain. He travels into other arcade games in hopes of finding a medal, which would prove that ultimately, he is a “good guy.” […]
Tag Archives | video games
The price of a Wii video game console has dropped to $130, just in time for the holidays and right before the release of the Wii U on November 18. If you’ve always wanted to try out the Wii but hesitated because of the price tag, hesitate no longer. Included in this $130 bundle is […]
For some, an HDTV and a Blu-ray player are not enough to create a top-notch entertainment center. Some would rather build their own home theaters themselves so they can have viewing experiences that rival going to a movie theater. However, in order to make this possible, take into account the factors below. The perfect screen […]
Video games are a big part of pop culture. Game franchises like Call of Duty and the Madden Football series are massively popular, dominating headlines, sales and players’ time every year when the latest version of the game is released. However, with rising production costs, lagging sales and new distribution becoming available, the entire industry […]
You love video games. You can play them for hours without ever getting bored. But the problem is, some people may not approve of your gaming for such long periods of time and suggest you pick up a new hobby. Something more… “productive.” Well, we’re here to help with that. Below are four legitimate reasons […]
As I’m sure most of our readers are aware, video games are constantly being accused of turning players into hyper-aggressive serial killers. Fine. Let’s fight pseudo-science with pseudo-science: A study from Ohio State University indicates that gamers can be emotionally affected by a video game when it is gentle, too. Originally published in the journal […]
Here on Newegg Unscrambled, we love to share awesome stuff with our readers. Keeping that in mind, VidRhythm is now free on the Apple App Store. You should get it.
It’s almost time for this year’s Spike Video Game Awards! The show will air on the Spike channel at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, December 12th. Every year I watch these awards with the same kind of squeamish dread that I’d get from sitting through The Human Centipede. It’s a night of awkward […]
- Will desktops eventually become obsolete? March 1, 2013
- Taking stock of Intel’s new 3rd generation Core processor April 26, 2012
- Newegg kicks off its 2012 College Tour! August 14, 2012
- Meet Paul from Newegg TV August 3, 2012
- Nokia Unveils Its First Tablet October 24, 2013
- Is Steam the Next Big Thing? October 23, 2013
- Curved Mobile Displays: Should We Care? October 21, 2013
- Warm Beverage Makers and Ideas For Fall October 11, 2013
- GolfAway (@golfawaydotco): Great...! It’s a way to use your imagination to ...
- Howie Isaacks: A better question is: Why? I don't see the point ...
- Cris Mark BarZ: a hub so useful because of its portability and its...
- Ezeliel Velazquez: It seems not... I can access full website from any...