For some, an HDTV and a Blu-ray player are not enough to create a top-notch entertainment center. Some would rather build their own home theaters themselves so they can have viewing experiences that rival going to a movie theater. However, in order to make this possible, take into account the factors below. The perfect screen [...]
Tag Archives | television
Once upon a time, it was considered a selling point of a television if it had picture-in-picture capability – the option of watching more than one program at the same time, with one appearing much larger on the screen than the other. Now manufacturers and developers are focusing on thinking outside the box, literally – [...]
Ten years ago, the biggest televisions were heavy and boxy devices. They took up a lot of room and could barely put out as much resolution as a standard DVD contained. Today, there are amazing machines available that make older models look downright antique. However, while any type you buy will be better than previous [...]
It’s almost time for this year’s Spike Video Game Awards! The show will air on the Spike channel at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, December 12th. Every year I watch these awards with the same kind of squeamish dread that I’d get from sitting through The Human Centipede. It’s a night of awkward [...]
Although televisions continue to push the limits of technology, for the first time in 20 years the number of TVs in the United States has declined. According to research by the Nielsen Company, which records the number of TV set owners when when measuring ratings, recently said that 96.7 percent of households in 2012 will own [...]
Unless you are lucky enough to have a home theater, current high-definition televisions are most likely the avenue used to watch movies and shows. However, HD projectors offer something TVs cannot: size. There are products on the market that dwarf HD TVs and can be adjusted as well. There is not a set size of [...]
In the past, televisions were used to serve a simple purpose for people. Sure, there were different sizes and some came in color and others in black and white, but the decision to purchase a TV was an easy one to make. Today, there are so many different TVs, making a choice can be mind-boggling. [...]
- Taking stock of Intel’s new 3rd generation Core processor April 26, 2012
- Newegg kicks off its 2012 College Tour! August 14, 2012
- Will desktops eventually become obsolete? March 1, 2013
- Behind the scenes at Newegg on Cyber Monday November 29, 2012
- Console Wars: PS4 vs Xbox One May 22, 2013
- Play Atari’s Breakout on Google! May 14, 2013
- The ultimate PC gaming accessories May 8, 2013
- May the force be with you this Star Wars Day May 3, 2013
- Fenix: which console ??? mmm... PC please !...
- John M: Hello Paul, by chance I found the videos on how to...
- Bryce: WOW what a great find. This does bring me back! Do...
- Lizzy: Hey, Apple’s iPhone handsets certainly get t...
Follow @newegg on Twitter