With Father’s Day right around the corner, we were curious about what dads wanted for their special day this year. Electronics and tech gadgets always seem to be a popular choice, but how about other options such as tickets to a sporting event or dinner at a nice restaurant? What gift do they want least for Father’s Day?
To answer these questions and more, we surveyed 3,772 participants about their gift ideas and planned activities this June 16th.
Here’s what we found out:
- 68 percent of respondents plan to give their dads tech gadgets, as opposed to tools, dinner at a nice restaurant or tickets to a sporting event.
- The top choice for what children would give their fathers if they had an unlimited budget and resources is the ability to retire (41 percent). This beats out other potential gifts such as a trip of a lifetime (20 percent), more time with the kids (14 percent), a luxury car (13 percent) and a vacation home (11 percent).
- A nose hair trimmer is the least desired gift according to 29 percent of dads surveyed. This is followed closely by a “World’s Greatest Dad” t-shirt and a necktie, at 25 percent each.
- The majority of dads feel the ideal way to spend Father’s Day is at home with the family (61 percent).
- 71 percent of respondents feel Father’s Day becomes more meaningful as they grow older.
For those of you who are still shopping for that perfect gift for dad, check out our “Cool Tech Gifts for Rad Dads & Grads” promotion, which features more than 140 deals. The sale expires on June 10th so shop now!
How will you be celebrating Father’s Day this year?