Man caves have become increasingly popular over the years as more and more men carve out their own dedicated space to relax, watch sports and hang out with friends. We wanted to delve a little deeper into this growing trend so we conducted a survey of 3,471 participants about the must-haves and uses for man caves.
Here are a few interesting highlights from the survey results:
- 54 percent of respondents currently have a man cave in their household.
- The top four must-have items for a man cave are: a flat screen television (84 percent), surround sound system (72 percent), computer (69 percent) and video games (61 percent).
- A man cave is a room that both genders can enjoy – 89 percent surveyed say they would welcome the opposite sex in their man cave.
- When asked what special guest respondents would most like to visit their man cave, 26 percent answered a “supermodel,” with “tech guru” being the next popular choice at 23 percent.
- 32 percent of those surveyed would choose a night in the man cave over a date with their significant other.
This week, Newegg has also launched its “Man Cave Madness” sweepstakes that features more than $30,000 in prizes, including many of the must-have items mentioned in the survey results. One lucky grand prize winner will receive a prize package valued at more than $10,000, including a 55” LG Google Smart LED TV, Polk Audio premium home theater system, Onkyo network receiver, ASUS Taichi 21-DH71 convertible Ultrabook and Sony PS3 Assassin’s Creed 3 bundle.
Additional prizes include other man cave essentials such as a foldable poker table, popcorn machine, mini kegerator and electronic dart board. Newegg will also be awarding weekly winners with a Samsung Series 9 13.3” Ultrabook.
The Man Cave Madness sweepstakes closes on May 5, 2013. Enter now for your chance to win! Good luck!