You might think your 1080p HDTV is on the cutting edge of television technology, but there’s a new player in town – the 4K TV. These sophisticated sets are becoming increasingly popular with home theater enthusiasts, and soon, they could become part of the mainstream. But what are 4K TVs, and should you think about upgrading […]
Archive | Home Theater RSS feed for this section
For some, an HDTV and a Blu-ray player are not enough to create a top-notch entertainment center. Some would rather build their own home theaters themselves so they can have viewing experiences that rival going to a movie theater. However, in order to make this possible, take into account the factors below. The perfect screen […]
Once upon a time, it was considered a selling point of a television if it had picture-in-picture capability – the option of watching more than one program at the same time, with one appearing much larger on the screen than the other. Now manufacturers and developers are focusing on thinking outside the box, literally – […]
Ten years ago, the biggest televisions were heavy and boxy devices. They took up a lot of room and could barely put out as much resolution as a standard DVD contained. Today, there are amazing machines available that make older models look downright antique. However, while any type you buy will be better than previous […]
Anyone who has ever watched any incarnation of Star Trek is familiar with the bridge the crew worked on. From that room, they could view objects on a giant screen, communicate with other inhabitants of the galaxy and call up any information they needed at the time. This was originally the work of science fiction […]
Last week, the New York Times reported that Google may soon evolve past its original use and become a regular part your living room. In order to branch out beyond the world wide web, insiders say Google has an “entertainment device” in the works. We still haven’t heard anything directly from Google but rumors are […]
Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled to take place in Indianapolis, Indiana, on February 5, 2012. Just because you can’t make it to the actual game, doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with your friends and enjoy all of the fun. Watching the game at home can be an amazing experience if you have the right supplies. […]
Although televisions continue to push the limits of technology, for the first time in 20 years the number of TVs in the United States has declined. According to research by the Nielsen Company, which records the number of TV set owners when when measuring ratings, recently said that 96.7 percent of households in 2012 will own […]
- Will desktops eventually become obsolete? March 1, 2013
- Taking stock of Intel’s new 3rd generation Core processor April 26, 2012
- Newegg kicks off its 2012 College Tour! August 14, 2012
- Meet Paul from Newegg TV August 3, 2012
- Nokia Unveils Its First Tablet October 24, 2013
- Is Steam the Next Big Thing? October 23, 2013
- Curved Mobile Displays: Should We Care? October 21, 2013
- Warm Beverage Makers and Ideas For Fall October 11, 2013
- GolfAway (@golfawaydotco): Great...! It’s a way to use your imagination to ...
- Howie Isaacks: A better question is: Why? I don't see the point ...
- Cris Mark BarZ: a hub so useful because of its portability and its...
- Ezeliel Velazquez: It seems not... I can access full website from any...