For some, an HDTV and a Blu-ray player are not enough to create a top-notch entertainment center. Some would rather build their own home theaters themselves so they can have viewing experiences that rival going to a movie theater. However, in order to make this possible, take into account the factors below. The perfect screen [...]
Archive | Home Theater RSS feed for this section
Once upon a time, it was considered a selling point of a television if it had picture-in-picture capability – the option of watching more than one program at the same time, with one appearing much larger on the screen than the other. Now manufacturers and developers are focusing on thinking outside the box, literally – [...]
Ten years ago, the biggest televisions were heavy and boxy devices. They took up a lot of room and could barely put out as much resolution as a standard DVD contained. Today, there are amazing machines available that make older models look downright antique. However, while any type you buy will be better than previous [...]
Anyone who has ever watched any incarnation of Star Trek is familiar with the bridge the crew worked on. From that room, they could view objects on a giant screen, communicate with other inhabitants of the galaxy and call up any information they needed at the time. This was originally the work of science fiction [...]
Last week, the New York Times reported that Google may soon evolve past its original use and become a regular part your living room. In order to branch out beyond the world wide web, insiders say Google has an “entertainment device” in the works. We still haven’t heard anything directly from Google but rumors are [...]
Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled to take place in Indianapolis, Indiana, on February 5, 2012. Just because you can’t make it to the actual game, doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with your friends and enjoy all of the fun. Watching the game at home can be an amazing experience if you have the right supplies. [...]
Although televisions continue to push the limits of technology, for the first time in 20 years the number of TVs in the United States has declined. According to research by the Nielsen Company, which records the number of TV set owners when when measuring ratings, recently said that 96.7 percent of households in 2012 will own [...]
If you’ve even glanced at Twitter today, then you already know that today is apparently Star Wars Day. May the Fourth. As in, “May the Fourth be with you.” Get it? MAY THE FORCE/FOURTH be with you! Anyway, to celebrate the holiday, Lucasfilm released some new details on their upcoming massive 9-disc Star Wars Complete [...]
- Taking stock of Intel’s new 3rd generation Core processor April 26, 2012
- Newegg kicks off its 2012 College Tour! August 14, 2012
- Will desktops eventually become obsolete? March 1, 2013
- Behind the scenes at Newegg on Cyber Monday November 29, 2012
- Console Wars: PS4 vs Xbox One May 22, 2013
- Play Atari’s Breakout on Google! May 14, 2013
- The ultimate PC gaming accessories May 8, 2013
- May the force be with you this Star Wars Day May 3, 2013
- John M: Hello Paul, by chance I found the videos on how to...
- Bryce: WOW what a great find. This does bring me back! Do...
- Lizzy: Hey, Apple’s iPhone handsets certainly get t...
- Nate: U got a very valid point. But as long as voice re...
Follow @newegg on Twitter